Thursday, April 10, 2008

Return to Thing #13

I looked at calendars, but decided not to sign up for any. I use Outlook's shared calendar at work, iCal at home, a Franklin planner for work and home combined, a Palm calendar and a cute calendar on my refrigerator.

My Franklin planner is still my most reliable calendar, but I don't necessarily record all of my personal events on it. I tend to update my shared calendar at work once or twice a month--whenever I think of it. And, I'm always in trouble with the people at home for not recording events in the shared family calendar on iCal.

I signed up for a Ta Da List account, but don't really see why it's any more useful than typing a list in Word. I looked at Remember the Milk and wished I had gone there first. It looks like fun! But, I don't want to sign up for another list, so I'm going to let it go.

Backpack looked interesting. I have a large family and have been thinking that it would be nice to have an online interactive method of group communication.

I believe I'll stay with my paper Post-It notes. They are quick and easy; multi-colored, sized, and shaped; and very portable. They can reside by my terminal (don't have to think about for a while) or my phone (deal with this soon) or the edge of my desk (take care of this today) or the edge of my planner (urgent!). What more do I need?

No comments: