Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Have to Stop Avoiding Thing #8

I've been sidetracked by Easter (38 for dinner at my house) and by the PLA Conference, but it's time to tackle Thing #8. I've read the description several times, but find the many parts of this one rather daunting. I'm just not that interested in photos and design tools. So, I decided to approach this piece by piece, even if it takes me a week to get through it all.

I viewed the slideshow "Web 2.o Tools in Your Classroom" and the Thumbstacks presentation and I looked briefly at the other two presentation sites. I'm not sure why I would use a web-based presentation tool--PowerPoint works well for me right now.

I looked at Picture Trail and thought about signing up for an account so I could do a Bling Maker photo of my cats. But, I decided not to sign up for an account I would not use again. Picture Trail did have some fun options.

1 comment:

Captain Crone said...

I think it is perfectly okay to give a Thing a try and then just accept that it isn't for you. I am not that crazy about photo sites either. One of the nicest things about this program is that, with 23 choices, most of us find something that we really like.