Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ahoy Mateys! It's Thing #15

Okay, I have to confess that I tried Puzzle Pirates very early on in my foray through the Things. I created a cute pirate girl and played the game. I was much more interested in the Puzzle Quest game I was playing on my DS, so I didn't save my character and never revisited Puzzle Pirates.

I've played a range of video games on the Wii, Playstation, and older Nintendo systems. My favorites are puzzle games like Puzzle Quest or the Tetris version where you rescue the professor. I've tried a couple of versions of Final Fantasy and similar games and find them a little frustrating, so I'm guessing that Second Life is not the game for me. I don't quite get the appeal of virtual reality games. I was given a copy of Nintendogs as a gift. Boring! I have enough to do without adding virtual chores to my list!

My favorite online game right now is Zoo Keeper. It's addictive!

I think gaming definitely has a place in the public library. We've done a few gaming programs for teens and will be doing more of them this spring. I suspect that games like Wii bowling would be a hit with seniors.

No comments: