Monday, February 16, 2009

Customized Home Pages - Thing #28

I used My Yahoo to customize my home page as an exercise in the first 23 Things. I selected My Yahoo because I had been using Google for many of the Things and wanted to try something different. I ended up with a home page that really works for me. When I got a new laptop in the fall, I kept the same home page without any changes.

For this Thing, I changed the color of the home page, deleted one gadget that I never use, and added a maps and directions gadget and a New York Times front page news gadget. My home page provides me with local and national news, a weather report, stock reports, TV listings (modified for the networks I watch), and a few miscellaneous, less used options like movie schedules.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

I like the feature, I don't like the length of time it sometimes takes to load it.