Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Google Tools - Thing 29

I've stalled out on Thing 29, but I'm trying to get started again. I set up Twitter alerts for my library system and library branches a couple of weeks ago. Through the alerts, I discovered that the County is using Twitter and now my library has a Twitter account too.

I explored the Google News page and bookmarked it with other news sites that I follow. I did a search on the upcoming winter storm and was pleased to see that a recent local story was the top hit. I liked the timeline feature in the news archives. It could be really useful for student homework assignments. Many of the library's timeline books are in the reference collection.

I'll return to Thing 29 later. It's time to get ready for work.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

4:38 am, don't you like sleep?