Monday, February 25, 2008

Still on Thing #4

I signed up for a Flickr account on Friday and was pleased to find that my Yahoo password worked for it. I just needed to come up with an account name. Since I was at home and couldn't take library photos, I took a couple of pictures of the cats. I went to load them on the computer and ran into a problem. I didn't want to load all 500+ photos that were on the camera and that was the only option I found.

My computer-savvy family thinks that the problem lies with the computer I'm using. I use a computer at home for e-mail, IM, and Internet. Since I'm only doing basic stuff, I always use the oldest computer. Right now, I'm using an iMac that must be 10 years old--it's been passed around my husband's family for years. Since everyone at home except me is a college student, we have three laptops at our house that were all purchased in the last year. I'm going to try again tonight on a new computer.

I'm enjoying the interactive aspects of this training. I'm following my coworkers' blogs and am learning a lot from them. One of the things I've found most interesting is how, generally speaking, the younger of them are much less guarded in their posts and in the personal information they are providing.

My first impulse on setting up this blog was to make it as anonymous as I could, so no one could tie it back to me. I moved beyond that by using a signature that within the 23 Things framework would likely identify me to people who know me, but I still wanted it to remain impersonal.

After reading the 23 Things newsletter suggesting we add personal information and following the examples of some of my colleagues, I added to my profile and started to let more of my personal life drift into my comments.

I am so ready to get past Thing #4, but I want to feel that I really did it. Well, time for coffee, exercise, and getting ready for work. More tonight, I hope!

No comments: